Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Juice Fast

While in Washington Joe and I were inspired to do a Juice fast.  My dad has been doing them for years so I asked my grandma about it and she gave me the Dr. Christopher juice fast plan.....

16oz of Prune Juice first thing in the morning.
(a packet of emergency really helps it taste better)
Then every 30 minutes you alternate between 8oz of apple juice or water.
(for better results use high quality organic juice and spring water)
When you start solids back Dr. Christopher recommends foods that are easy to digest like fruits and veggies. 

And that's it.... No solids just the juice.   The protocol calls for doing the fast for 3 days but my dad does it for 6-7 days with better results.

So The first day of my fast was like any other... I wasn't very hungry, my body was just getting used to not eating.  Anytime I would feel a bit hungry I would just have some extra apple juice.
The next day was amazing... I had so much energy... I had lost two pounds... My stomach was flatter and my mood was much more pleasant.
The third day was much the same as the second. I couldn't believe how good I felt.
I started eating solids half way through the fourth day.  And by then I had lost 5 pounds and I felt amazing.  Best of all my sugar and carb cravings were completely gone!

1 comment:

  1. You told me about this and also told me to take these Yeast Cleanse pills while doing the fast- just thought I would mention it on here for anyoe else thinking of doing the fast that the yeast pills can help clean out yeast and other stuff from your system!!! Thanks for sharing it, Shanna- I am on day 2 and going strong!!!

    ReplyDelete