Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our new pets


The kids and I had a really nice visit down in Tucson.  Their was one day when it was cloudy and sprinkling and Shyloh was sleeping so we decided to go for a little walk.  While we were out Nolan found a millepede! We took it back to the house and found a container for it.  I googled millepedes and found that it was a male and that they were completely harmless.  Nolan was so proud of his discovery that I decided to keep it.  Then decided that we couldn't just have one so we set out the next day to try and find another (hopefully a girlfriend).  Bekah was sweet to come help me but we had no luck so on our way out of town I stopped at Kens Bug Shoppe and we picked up three more Millepedes.  They make really great pets because you just feed them whatever fruit or veggies you have in your fridge! Our millepedes LOVE watermelon.  Nolan always wants to hold them although they are pretty smelly and poop a LOT so I make him wash his hands and disinfect every time.  Welcome to the family Millepedes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment