Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rest in peace van



Last Thursday I kissed Nolan goodbye and left him at school. My thrift store shopping was coming up empty on 2 year old water shoes so I decided to go to target. While I was waiting patiently to turn left a few cars back from the intersection a women veered into the side of my van. She then proceeded into oncoming traffic and hit another car but because she hit me first the other car had minimal damage.  No one was seriously hurt thank goodness, aside from my poor van.  She was under the influence of medications and admitted to police that she should not have been on the road.  Apparently her reckless paroozing through town already had the police after her so they got there pretty quick.  She had already almost ran down a construction worker so I'm just thankful that I was the one to stop her and not someone else! She was only a block away from the elementary school! Scary!

Unfortunately the van was totaled out.  The whole situation would not have been so bad if we hadn't just dumped so much money into fixing the transmission two months ago.  They gave us a fair value for the van so we will be car/van/hatchback shopping next week.  Not sure what we'll get on our budget.  We may not have enough for another nice van. But I'm fine with a roomy car or a hatchback..  Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers :) I will let you know what we find!

No comments:

Post a Comment